Full Colour Printing also known as Sublimation Printing is a specialist printing method.
The pattern to be transferred to the ribbon is initially printed onto a special paper using sublimation ink which is then overlaid onto the ribbon and passed through a heat and pressure source - This is the tricky stage as the temperature, pressure and heat application time have to be precise in order to obtain a quality print.
- A full colour image can be transferred onto the ribbon. ie. Photos etc.
- A wide range of fabrics can be used - Polyester based are best.
- Can print onto very wide ribbon - Even 300mm +
- Printing process is quite involved and therefore slower than most other prints.
- Ribbon does tend to shrink to some degree due to the high temperatures involved.
- Slightly more expensive than other prints.
- Not recommended for Cotton or other natural fibre ribbons.
- Colour depth can be limited on certain background colours. ie. Dark print on Dark ribbon.